News

RUTLAND WATER LATEST

pic: Johno Yeates

News from the UK’s No.1 inland windsurfing location

Not only has Rutland Water been recently certified as an official RYA Advanced Level 5 for windsurfing, but it has also taken on a new Advanced Plus Instructor in Dan Newman.

And with Dan’s arrival Starboard and Tushingham has launched its range of boards and equipment at Rutland, the UK’s No.1 inland windsurfing location.

Dan will be adding to the impressive wealth of knowledge and experience at Rutland Watersports, offering tuition from beginner level through to advanced carve gybe and bump and jump.

For Dan, a windsurfing champion in his own right, it is a case of returning to his roots. It was at Rutland that Dan first cut his windsurfing teeth some 14 years ago.

“I was about 12 or 13 years old when I first tried windsurfing and it was at Rutland Water,” said Dan, who went on to become a Marazion Freewave Champion and winner of the Amateur Fatface Superx Championship.

“It’s great to be back instructing here at Rutland. I am really looking forward to passing on all my knowledge that I have gained over the years through teaching and competing. From every angle Rutland Watersports is passionate about promoting the sport involving all age groups and all abilities.”

To add even more to the winning mix, in the Youth Section Rutland has its very own T15 Zone race coach in Graham Colam who joined earlier this year.

See pictures attached of Dan in action at Rutland Water. If Photos are used, please could you use a picture byline

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production