The Corona Extra PWA World Cup ’07 – Day Four
Tension builds in Scotland as the elite of the PWA world tour’s patience is tested on the Hebridean Island of Tiree.
The weather men called it wrong today as a high pressure system blocked the breeze from Scotland’s windsurfing Mecca.
After being scrambled to The Maze this morning and sent on a scratch relocation to Balevullin, a few hardy souls ventured out in small clean surf, but the fluky breeze once again prevented official competition .
In a cruel twist of fate the wind arrived just as daylight faded after a long day at the beach.
The delayed entrance of that long overdue weather front has prompted the organisers to start earlier tomorrow to make the most of any breeze at daybreak.
Tonight the Islanders, visiting pros and members of a British junior windsurfing scheme are invited to an open evening at the communities An Talla center to meet and greet the top names and to enjoy some more Scottish hospitality.
The first call tomorrow’s at 07.30 as the northern sun rises above the rugged shoreline of Tiree.
Be sure to log on to www.pwaworldtour.comfrom then to:
• Use our Live ticker service
• Check the elimination ladders
• View results
• Watch amazing video action clips
• Read the daily news summaries
• Browse awesome action photo galleries You can find out more about the location at www.tireewaveclassic.comand read blogs and view video diaries from competitors and visitors at www.tireewaveclassic.ning.com