News

EFPT DOUBLE FOR PASKOWSKI

EFPT DOUBLE FOR PASKOWSKI

German Freestyle supremo André Paskowski successfully defended his European Freestyle title in 2007. The season is over and EFPT is proud to present the new EFPT Champion in Anapa/Russia at the end of the Black Sea Cup. Andre Paskowski takes the title followed by Normen Günzlein and Nicolas Agkazcyan.

It was long long way for everyone but in the end again it was worth it!!!

The Tour had again an amazing season travelling through Europe to go to places which are either well known for great conditions or are sort of secret spots.

Many of the riders in top positions in the end travelled to most of the events representing windsurfing, their sponsors and bringing the good vibes of our great sport to the beaches. Once more the boys showed that they really are the ambassadors of windsurfing!!!

So the year 2007 has to be counted as a successful one for sure. Not only that a lot of events were windy as hell also the interest in the EFPT kicked off. Magazines all over the world have been reporting and supporting the tour, thousands of hits on the brand new website show that people are following the crazy family all the time and this gives the riders a perfect platform to present themselves and their brands.

This season is over and the next one is already in plan, a 2008 tour calendar will be announced soon so watch out…

But first things first, we proudly present the new/old EFPT champion:
Representing North Sails, travelling all over the world, showing up at almost every competition and pushing the limits instantly. At any event, any beach and new spot he is the first to check out the conditions. First and last one on the water. a professional which is on the EFPT from the beginning and we truly have to say and everyone will agree that he deserves the title 100%. You can come wherever you want; at any time you will only see full power freestyle in a way that impresses spectators, media, judges and all other riders in the same way.

Europe applauds him with respect and congratulates him for the second time in his career.

Andre Paskowski – 1st place in the EFPT in 2007.

But don’t forget all the riders in the next positions, everyone did his best this year and it was not an easy one. The level on tour is xtremely high and so it is pretty clear that the top positions are very close together. There could have been some changes for sure if the wind would have kicked on every spot. But as always it is part of the game and all we can do is hope for the best in 2008.

The EFPT says thanks to all the supporters of the tour:
The windsurfing industry, all brands which keep it running and helping a lot.

The organizers all over Europe, without them there would be no tour at all; they do their best to bring amazing freestyle action at their local spots.

The media partners like websites and magazines that report about the tour and spread the stories all over the world.The crowds on the beach who support us on every tourstop by just showing up.
And of course all windsurfers out there who grab their stuff and just go sailing, trying new tricks and looking up to the pros. We hope you liked the EFPT in 2007 and keep on following it in the seasons to come.

The “European Freestyle Pro Tour” moves to the “winter break” preparing 2008 and for sure we will meet somewhere on the water at one of the windy places around the globe.

Interview
André, congratulations to your second EFPT title in a row. How do you feel?

I feel very good. Before the last event I was a bit nervous but in the end all worked out very good and I could take the title, again. That was just amazing 2 weeks for me – 5th at the PWA Event on Sylt now European Champ. I am very happy.

How comes that you were dominating the tour again this year that much? Was it the strong training, physical strength, your gear…or what was it?

It was all together I think. The fact that I won the title in 06 released maybe a bit of pressure. Then I trained very good during the winter 06/07 and felt really good already on the first event. On top I had the right equipment at all events. The EFPT tour takes place at 9 different spots so it is necessary that you have the right gear for all those spots.

Do you concentrate more on the PWA Freestyle events now or will you join the whole EFPT tour again in 2008 ?

Well, I handle it again like in 07. My main goal is to get a higher PWA ranking. The 5th place on Sylt showed the potential. But I will also join as much EFPT events as possible and would like to defend the title for one more time!

What was the most critical moment for you on the tour this year?

Hm, there was not such a critical moment. The level is really close – so I am always focused… also against a lower ranked rider. But luckily I did not have a real black out during one of my EFPT heats.

Did the level of freestyle increase also at the EFPT like it obviously did at the PWA ?

Yes it did for sure. Lots of good PWA riders also join the EFPT plus there is young potential riders in the EFPT. The level increases year by year and I know already now… that the level next year will make a big step forward again.

What will be the key for a third title in a row ? double manouevres, new sick moves or just landing your tricks without falling ?

Since this year Andre Paskowski was known as a rider who never falls of during a heat. In the winter 06/07 I tried to put more speed and risk into my moves. I will concentrate on this also during winter 07/08. I want to combine risk, fast, aggressive moves in a safe and professional routine. Of course – you have to be up to date with all the moves. I am training mostly in el Yaque together with my friend and team colleague Gollito – so for sure I will be up to date.

Who will be your main opponent on the tour in 2008 ?

EFPT Tour it will be Nico from France and Normen from Germany. Maybe Kevin Mevissen if he is motivated plus Antxon if he joins the tour again. Also Olandersson, Rossi etc. are good enough to surprise.

Where you gonna train in winter time ?

For the moment my plans are: November/December in Brazil and then Venezuela. Both spots offer lots of wind, good conditions and lots of good riders to train with.

Any new video or photo shoot projects planned ? Maybe Wet n Salty II ?

For the moment we don’t plan a new movie. For sure in the future we will work on Wet and Salty 2 but not in 08. I just bought some new film equipment. I gonnna produce lots of different footage with different use as well. My plan is to produce several short movies on professional quality level for several Internet Channels in 08. For this, I will start to work more with my North Team colleague and friend Gollito, one of the most inventive and radical freestyle sailor in the world.

What is your favourite move when you go freesailing ?

Freestyle: Fast and High Shaka – such a nice feeling! / Wave: High Backloop!

More info: http://www.efpt.net and www.north-windsurf.com

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production