F2 Launches the 2008 SX Team Edition…
The new SX shapes will let the heart of all Slalom fiends beat faster! We tried to keep the speed performance of the SX 2007 and improved the gybing ability to get more drive trough and out of the turn. Different deck and rail shape combined with new V-flow and tail geometric makes the SX TE reach this goal and gives it a better overall performance. The new SX TE just flies over the chop, never touches the nose in the water and gives a lot of confidence in the gybes.
– Higher scoop from 170-210cm avoids that the front is touching the water when going downwind.
– Higher at 170-210 and lower at 235cm makes the scoop-rocker line straighter to get more drive in the gybe
– We tried to not change too much on the whole SX concept and changed the outline just a tiny bit on the tail while making it a bit narrower to get better downwind performance and easier jibing.
– Flatter deck shape gives more foot contact on the board so that it reacts faster on toe/heel pressure. The ignition of the jibe is easier and trough the turn you can drive the boards wherever you want/need to go.
SX 56 TE l: 235, w: 56, weight: 5,27 kg (+/- 5%)
SX 58 TE l: 235, w: 58, weight: 5,37 kg (+/- 5%)
SX 63 TE l: 235, w: 63, weight: 5,77 kg (+/- 5%)
SX 68 TE l: 235, w: 68, weight: 6,15 kg (+/- 5%)
SX 77 TE l: 235, w: 77, weight: 6,88 kg (+/- 5%)
All sizes are limited editions and will be available from 25.01.2008 until sold out.
Recommended Retail Price:
– F2 standard bottom shape – double concave with side flats running into flat V in the tail.
– Increasing V from 100-210 avoids the edges of the bottom from touching the water when going downwind and makes the rail more straight for better carving in the jibes.
– Thinner nose to have less weight in front of the mast track to get
better reaction of the board.
– Slightly thicker rail in the tail area to get more drive out of the jibe.
– New cutout geometric keeps the board more stable across the axle
and gives also more acceleration out the jibe. Adjustable cutouts:
– We reduced the size of the adjustable cutout and have only 2 position possibilities to keep it more simple – “in” the boards stays more stable on the water for control, earlier planing and more drive out the jibe – “out” the board feels more free to get more top speed on all reaches.