News

MAP MY TRACKS SERVICE LAUNCHED

MAP MY TRACKS SERVICE LAUNCHED

Train smarter not harder

Windsurfers know every minute on the water helps improve performance but most people just don’t have enough time to train as much as they’d like.

That’s where smarter training can help – by understanding more about your windsurfing performance, it’s easy to see where improvements can be made. The new Map My Tracks service, launched today, turns a mobile phone into an essential training tool to help windsurfers train smarter.

Map My Tracks uses GPS technology to accurately track the surfer’s position in real time, displaying useful live information including heading, time and distance elapsed. A selection of screenshots of the service in action is available at www.mapmytracks.com/about/screenshots.

Once back on dry land windsurfers can replay and analyse tracks to see where races are won or lost, as well as show useful information like average speed, maximum speed and distance covered. As Map My Tracks shows your position live on the internet, friends and relatives can watch a sailor’s progress from the comfort of the clubhouse.

No expensive or complicated equipment is needed to get started using Map My Tracks – the service works using a mobile phone with built-in GPS or with an external GPS receiver.

Find out more at www.mapmytracks.com or see Map My Tracks live at Stand C18 at the RYA Dinghy Show on 1 and 2 March 2008.
A video of the service in action is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLiN3ZDPVV0.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production