News

CABO VERDE PWA WORLD CUP – DAY 6

The 2008 Cabo Verde PWA World Cup Day 6

Blue Skies And Tropical Breeze Mean Another Great Day In Cabo Verde, But No Surf Keeps Competition On Hold For Now…

Another day over at Ponta Preta

Josh with his boards
ready for action

A straight north swell just couldn’t sneak into any of Sal’s main windsurfing beaches today, so the final 8 competitors had to wait it out once again for fresh waves to arrive.

There are still 3 days left in the holding period, and forecasts indicate the weekend could see just enough wind and surf to complete the double elimination.

Josh Angulo (MauiSails), Cabo Verde’s national hero after victory here back in 2007, sits in second place so far, whilst keeping one eye constantly on the weather maps.

‘It’s kind of an unstable weather pattern here right now’ said Angulo from his Santa Maria Windsurfing Center today.

‘We’ve been on close standby constantly in case things get better.

I’d love a chance to beat Kauli before the weekends out, but really my first priority is to watch my back from who’s behind me.

As soon as that hurdles crossed I can relax and focus on just him.

All the guys left in are dangerous in their own ways, and are all deserving of their status and are all good competition sailors too, so they all have my full respect. Let’s wait and see.’

The final riders left in the double elimination are:

• Kauli Seadi (JP / NeilPryde)
• Josh Angulo (MauiSails)
• Jason Polakow (JP / NeilPryde)
• Robby Swift (JP / NeilPryde)
• Kai Katchadourian (Quatro / Simmer)
• Marcilio Browne (Mistral / Gaastra)
• Alex Mussolini (RRD / NeilPryde)
• Thomas Traversa (Tabou / Gaastra)

2007 world champion Kauli Seadi was as calm as ever today about his leading position.

‘I’m just enjoying myself here on Sal, chilling out and visiting the tourist attractions with my girlfriend and generally having a great time.

I’m not too stressed about the prospect of competing again. Of course everybody below me wants to finish the double and have a chance of winning, but I’m happy either to take the victory as it stands now, or defend myself if the surf gets up again.

It’ll be fun to sail again. All the guys in the frame still are really talented, and they all have good chance, but we  just don’t know yet how it’s going to pan-out.’

Skippers’ meeting is at 09.00 tomorrow after the usual round of beach assessments.

You can follow every stroke of action from then at www.pwaworldtour.com and:

• Use our live ticker service
• Check elimination ladders
• View results
• Watch amazing video action clips
• Read the daily news summaries
• Browse awesome action photo galleries

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production