Fat Face releases dates and details for the Fat Face Windsurf 2008
Fat Face has confirmed the dates for the Fat Face Night Windsurf as the 6 – 7th September on
Now in its third year the event, run in conjunction with the UKWA (UK Windsurfing Association), has firmly become ensconced as one of the favourites for pros and amateurs alike and previously hailed as ‘the best windsurfing event in 20 years.
Anyone can enter that has not competed at national level, with a separate division for the Pro Fleet. Any board can be competed on, including tandems, pre-millennium and pre 1985.
The format of the event sees competitors battling it out through constant Masterblaster heats held throughout the day, which is open to all levels; all sponsored, with prizes! The heats for the Supper Cross Freestyle takes place throughout the day with only the best making it through to the finals, held under the cover of darkness, to the loud applause of the assembled spectators! With a prize pot of £2,000, much is at stake, as well as the accolade of being crowned the Fat Face Night Windsurf Champion.
The first year of the Fat Face Night Windsurf brought masses of wind with little sun; last year the event had sun but very little wind. This year organisers are hoping for both to create the perfect platform for the windsurfing talent to shine!
What you get?
For the registration fee of £25 for both days (which includes entry in the preliminary day knock outs of the Supercross Freestyle event) you get:
– Free exclusive Fat Face Rash Vest
– Automatic entry to the Masterblasters
– Free clinics
– VIP pass into the HQ area and party marquee during the night, with Live Band
– A chance to see most of the new 2009 boards and sail ranges with the industry’s top manufacturers attending the event
– A chance to compete in the Pro Night Windsurf event on Saturday night
– A chance to win a place with the British team going to the Tandem World Championships in
– Prizes galore with prizes randomly distributed to hundreds of sailors
– Your chance to win a share of the £2,000
Ian Williams, Fat Face Event Manager comments: “This is a great event aimed at the “masses” of the windsurfing world. It is great to see the weekend warrior sailors up against some of the best names in the sport.”
Further information available from www.fatface.com/windsurf