News

Campello To Go For Triple Loop

Ricardo Campello Goes For Triple Loop

JP Australia and NeilPryde have offered 3 times Freestyle World Champion, Ricardo Campello, a bonus of USD10.000 if he can land a Triple Forward and capture it on film and video.

After watching Ricardo in competition during last years event in Gran Canaria many people were confident that Ricardo was ready to land a triple including Duncan Coombs, Head Judge for the PWA: “For me Ricardo is probably the most radical sailor today – I think he can do it”.

The forecast looks promising for this weekend. There will be plenty of cameras ready for the action to come.

Despite suffering a case of tendonitis Ricardo is ready to try it but does not want to put too much pressure on himself. “If the conditions are right and I feel comfortable I will give it a try. I have checked my doubles from last year on video and when I am done with the second one I actually had plenty of height and time for a third rotation. So theoretically it should be possible. I guess the trick is not to over rotate and not to get lost during the rotations.”    

Let’s hope Gran Canaria delivers the nuclear conditions it is known for and we should see some interesting stuff.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production