News

Skye And Maynard Join RRD

Skye And Maynard Join RRD

Rrd have just announced a double signing whammy in the formidable forms of Finian Maynard and our very own John Skye.

Skyeboy is not just a cool guy and a windsurfer, but he is also a waverider well known all over the world for his windsurfing skill, radical moves and the exposure he gets in magazines.

Says John:

“I have heard so many good things about RRD boards and when I tried their new 74 Twin fin, it blew me away how nice it was. That was pretty much what sealed the deal for me. All the boards look really cool and RRD is really pushing forwards, so it’s great to be part of the te
am.”

Rrd Brand manager Roberto Ricci:

“I’m very happy to welcome Skyeboy aboard on the Rrd Team John rips, works hard and is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, with a huge amount of worldwide respect. Now he is equipped with the best toys he can rip and enjoy his sailing yet further just like Alex is doing by all accounts. The RRD Family keep growing and it’s a pleasure to manage a team of cool and highly skilled
riders!”

Sail:          K-57

Height:     180 cm

Weight:    80 kg

Birthdate:         28.06.1977

Nationality:      British

Residence:      Great Britain

Debut:      

ww.johnskye.com

Finian Maynard

Finian Maynard needs no introduction, but in case you’ve been in hiding, he is without doubt one of the fastest riders in the world, addicted to speed and slalom racing. His goals for this season are to stay at the top of the PWA Slalom Ranking and to claim the new speed world record.  

Finian Maynard:

“I have know Roberto for many years. I was sponsored by RRD in 1996 on my second full year on the PWA tour and I had some very good results on his boards like my first podium finish of 3rd in the World Cup of Paros, Greece The time seemed right to join the RRD team again as they were looking for a top slalom rider and I became available in April when F
2 became insolvent.

The RRD boards fit my style. I have been rigorously testing them in Gran Canaria in different wind strengths before I made my decision to join and I am confident that they can help me to achieve my goals this year once I bond with them a little more and get comfortable. I also want to work closely again with Roberto and his team as they are based in Tuscany and I spend a lot of time these days in Europe so logistically it made sense for testing and develo
ping for the future.

Of course my season o
bjective is to win.”

Rrd Brand manager Roberto Ricci:

“I’m very happy to welcome once again Finian to the Rrd family. He is the fastest windsurfer I have ever met and I am sure that he will find the right support he need with us. I have raced for many years with Finian on the tour and know very well what he needs to win!”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production