News

Southwest Lakes Trust Windsurfing Rally!

3 students from Falmouth Marine School have taken over the role of organising the annual Southwest Lakes Trust Windsurfing Rally as part of their University course. People from all over the country will be coming back to the Southwest to attend the 3-day event at the windiest lake in Britain – Stithians Lake!

The 3 students will be responsible for making sure everyone will receive top quality tuition for all levels; from sailing across the wind, harness and foot strap techniques and carve gybing to vulcaning for the high flyers! Naish and Tushingham will be on hand with the latest equipment for you to try and to give any advice needed.
If you’re not too tired from all the excitement during the day, there will be a BBQ for all participants on Saturday night where you can share social drinks and boast about your successful day on the water! There will also be a projector showing the day’s highlights.

Much hard work has been put in by the students to ensure a smooth running event, i.e. printing t-shirts for all windsurfers, getting prizes and sponsors and building a website to help advertise the event.  You can view this at: swwr09.blogspot.com

“It’s an exciting part of our degree, the event will be a huge success, and we have been working tirelessly to ensure that everyone has a great weekend.”
Chloé Warner, one of the event organisers

This action-packed bank holiday weekend will be held at Stithians Lake, near Redruth, in Cornwall on the 2nd 3rd + 4th May 2009, which is a bank holiday weekend, leaving no excuses to pass this one by! The event last year was a massive success and this year is shaping up to be even bigger and better!

“I learnt so much on the water last year, I was getting around my carve gybes by the end of the weekend due to the fantastic tuition from the instructors. They were so encouraging that I couldn’t wait to get on the water….even after the party on Saturday night! I’ll definitely be returning this year!”       – Anna Ronayne.

See you there!

Prices (per person)
Adult SWLT or RYA member £100
Adult non member £120
Child (8 – 16) SWLT or RYA member £80
Child (8 – 16) non member £105
Students £80

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production