News

Full Run Down – Starboard 2015

2014 Black Box

The Black Box excels in small, mushy waves and light to medium winds.

While many boards are marketed for real-world conditions and real-world sailors, Dany Bruch’s creation takes it a step further by offering a very short and wide shape with a wide square tail with no excess volume. Create, hold speed and link more turns on smaller to medium sized waves like never before.

A bigger Black Box is now available. At 107 liters, it offers that extra buoyancy for bigger riders, without losing any of the characteristics it is known for: self-generated speed, carving and looseness on the face of wave.

Dany Bruch, designer of the Black Box:

“The board is big, yes, but it is special. I have to say that on this board I had exactly the same joy feeling that I had when the original Black Box started to work… It was fun, fun and fun! I reckon this is exactly what the bigger guys out there need: something they can float out on when the lighter riders are on their 87s.”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production