We catch up with the NWF and find out about the plans for 2012…
After the huge success of last year’s event, the National Windsurfing Festival team aren’t resting on their laurels but are instead coming up with great ideas to make the 2012 event even bigger and better than before. “Surely not?” you may cry, “Last year can’t be topped!” But believe us, it looks like this year will truly be an event to remember.
For those of you who weren’t lucky enough to attend last time – a quick recap.
Hosted at Hayling Island, the 2011 event saw:
- Free coaching from the biggest gurus out there – Peter Hart, Jem Hall, Jim Collis, Ant Baker, Simon Bornhoft and the FLOW girls.
- Windsurf and SUP racing for all levels – including night racing!
- Demo kit from all the top brands
- Freestyle competition from the UKWA
- Taster sessions to get beginners into windsurfing
- Night tow-in session featuring World Champion Marcilio Browne
- Chats from some of the top Pros
- Epic parties!
The 2012 event is being held in the same great location on Hayling Island and is being sponsored by Havant Borough Council. From the 7th-9th September, windsurfers from all over the country (and the world) will assemble at the Inn on The Beach for what promises to be aother fantastic event. This year will see the inclusion of SUP and Kayak racing to the windsurf competition.
As ever, there are two great nights of parties and evening entertainment planned, all of the gurus are returning to offer free coaching to everyone and in addition there will be a ‘Trade Show’ day on the Friday. This will allow the public to test out the latest gear from all of the top brands.
With plenty of master-blasters, clinics, kit, parties, competitions and pro chats on offer, this is certainly an event you don’t want to miss out on! To keep up to date with the latest news from the NWF, head to their website or check them out on Facebook.