News

It’s back! Vass Class 2011 is on

The inimitable Paddy Payne has been in touch to let us know about the resurrection of the original ‘master blaster’ event for 2011…

Eric the wind god...

Here is the SCOOP!

Vassiliki Levkas Greece

I don’t quite now how it’s happened but 22 years after the Vass Class Launched itself onto an unsuspecting world, we are shaping up for … The mother of all Reunions!

We will be taking over Club Vass for 2 weeks

w/c July 10th is a “Dust off the cobwebs” week

w/c July 17th is the “Main Event” week

You can come for both weeks, or just the Race Week when there will be the normal bevy of outrageous parties!

We will be exerting ourselves in the usual three disciplines, Giant Fig 8 slalom, Speed using GPS systems, and our very own Master Blaster’s, they should leave you with just about enough energy to crawl to the Zeus Bar!

All kit will be provided in the price by Club Vass, we will be using brand spanking new JP boards 70>160 ltrs, with Pryde Rigs 4.3>9.2 m on skinny masts.

Kit will be assigned according to your weight if you’re a bloke. A weigh in (boxer pre fight style) in your chunnies, will take place at the opening night party!

Added to all that, there will be SUP racing, mountain biking, scuba diving and kayaking. There will be separate fleets for our ladies, as well as kids’ fleets.

Club Vass will be running kids’ clubs for any young guns, and have a bevy of babysitters available.

There is inclusive instruction for anybody wishing to learn, or progress.

Club Vass have thirty rooms available at their hotel, but will almost certainly need to overspill to other accommodation. Allocation of the Club Vass rooms will be on a first come first serve basis, so if you want stay at the fab Club Vass, better get your entry and deposit back PDQ!

Race entry fee is £100, and there is a fee for non competitors of £30 so I can give you stuff. There is no fee for any kids wanting to compete and let’s hope they do.

We have left a few places available for Virgin Vasser’s so if you know any deserving folk who you would wish to inflict the Vass Class experience on please let me know.

Club Vass have discounted the holiday to us, but to hold these prices you must get your booking forms, deposits and entries fees into Club Vass by 30th November, after that the air fares go up, and they would have to charge more.

For more info, email me at [email protected]

Let’s get this show on the road – I can’t wait!

All the best. Paddy

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production