News

The WSC Van Journey – Part Six

Colin and Marco of WindSurf Coaching and GoPro with Colin and Marco are almost ready to embark on an epic Euro road trip, taking on them across the many countries delivering top notch coaching to all. But first they need a vehicle to take them on their merry way….

Windsurf Coaching van, the vision…
WHEELS are here …..

Before I put the bad boys on I’m popping back down to Eastbourne to see Rossetts, the Mercedes-Benz dealership. These guys are plotted about the South and know everything about Sprinters and Vito’s. They are going to get the mega van up on the ramp and give the beast a good service as I will be covering a lot of millage it’s important to keep the engine happy!! With new filters all round and first 15 litre of oil, the van is feeling the love!!!
Me and the main man, Big Sam Sparkes, the Area Sales Manger. He’s windsurfer and a bloody nice guy, need a Mercedes, Sam’s your man!

After the guys @ Rossetts have done the service, Sam recommended Auto Solutions for a remap.  OK, a remap is when you plug a laptop into your vehicle’s computer system and remap the fuel and air that will then give you more bhp.

So I found out my van is 109bhp! It’s the same engine as the larger Sprinter (130bhp), but just before it leaves the factory it gets remapped from 109bhp to 130bhp. After re-mapping my beast it’s now an awesome 155bhp!!! Its safe and to be fair its better for your engine, more bhp means you will not be thrashing the engine and it will cruz better for longer!!

Wow what a difference, I know the van is empty but its like someone has bolted a mother turbo on to it!

Hahah, I can brake the speed limit now and I don’t pull like a tractor, do it guys its unreal!

WHEELS……….. they rocked up at Stew @Greens when I was down south

HELL YEAH, hahhaha!!! 20 inch bad boys!!! They came from Italy and they are the biggest weight loaded wheel I could find for a Sprinter and that will take the weight!

Check out the full post and whole story of the WSC Van so far here. 
Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production