Features

LIT Episode 1 – 365 With Sims, Muller and van Broeckhoven

Adam Sims presents LIT, a showcase of some epic freestyle with himself, Balz Muller and Steven van Broekhoven.

“It’s been a long time coming but I’m stoked to get this video out. It’s the first part of a three part series, it looks like this will be the longest video of the three but with so many spots and so much action I already had to cut a lot out of it. Also, adding Steven into it was pretty last minute, I found some clips we had shot of him and asked if he was keen to be a part of it, he got back to me straight away and was totally keen.

“2015 was crazy…it just flew by; 365 days felt more like 365 minutes. I was already motivated to make a longer video in 2013 after I got some cool shots in Fuerte and held on to them but then CT kicked off and there were magazine articles flying out and before you know it I was back in Fuerte for 2014. Wherever we went, the main aim was to shoot different spots, the focus switched tracks a little from capturing the next level move that no one has seen before to actually capturing the next level spot that no one had seen before. I guess the level was fairly high in the video with Balz and Steven there but I loved adding in obstacles and all sorts. You’ll see more of that in the next episode.

“Travelling around Cape Town really got us the maximum water time, often we heard stories of no wind and fog, sometimes even rain in the city itself whilst we were in our boardies fully lit on 4.4’s on some god forsaken lake in the middle of nowhere. Alongside that we had a sick time in the waves several times a week, I didn’t really do much riding, just jumping really but we scored an incredible session further north with glassy down the line waves. It’s kind of hard to look to anywhere else in the world during this time of the year.

“Following this the usual trip to Fuerte was broken up with a week in Lanzarote for the EFPT, unfortunately I broke my finger the day before that event. Fortunately there was no wind but I’m not sure what was worse, wishing there was wind for windsurfing or being towed behind a jet-ski with a broken finger whilst high on some small shot of liquid the doctor had told me to take to relieve the pain. The rest of the summer in Fuerte was awesome, we had epic conditions I windsurfed in some fairly unique places and on the last day I saw another location which looked even more amazing (can’t wait to go there this year).

“There were a few other small trips amongst travels to events but the best had to be the last minute week in Egypt. I’d just got a new 4k camera ready for 2015, the forecast looked amazing and I wanted to test it, so myself and my friend Flo Ragossnig booked our tickets, 12 hours later we were on the plane. More on this in the next episode.”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production