Features

The Mootant – Developing a 100 Litre Custom

Vital statistics

So, the final board is 215x63cm, around 100 litres and designed as a trailer fin. She weighs in at around 5.8kg bare hull which is lighter than my 75 litre board. The volume is nicely distributed. There is a V running throughout the bottom with a slight double concave. The nose shape is pretty normal but the tail is where it gets interesting. The tail is a heavily cut off twin diamond and the rear footstrap sits very close to the tail. This gives a lot of leverage over the fins to turn the board in really tight radiuses despite the tail width. Tail width (OFOT) is 45cm and nose width (OFON) is 46cm. I am not sure how much sense the OFOT measurement makes when so much traditional tail is missing. The footstrap spacing is wide at 7cm more than my 75 litre board. Fin boxes are all slot boxes and the front fin boxes are widely spaced at 27cm which again helps with turning as they are pretty close to the rails. The back of the front fin boxes are pretty much in line with the front of the rear footstrap. Despite all this I think the board looks pretty normal. Only sailing it would tell how different the board would be.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production