Features

The Mootant – Developing a 100 Litre Custom

A Bit About Me

I consider myself a reasonable sailor, nothing special but I’m ok. I focus on waveriding and am not that interested (meaning not that good) at jumping. I live in Sheffield so travel to wherever the conditions look best. My main spots are the on the East and North Yorkshire coasts and Rhosneigr with occasional trips to Northumberland, Cornwall, Leasowe, Norfolk and West Wales. The majority of my days are in some form of waves, with everything from knee high cross-on to logo+ cross-off and on both tacks. I prefer things not too hectic and at 75kg have a small sail quiver of 5 Oceans 5.3 (5 batten) and 4.8 and 4.3 (4 batten) but not worried about having anything smaller. My ideal day is slightly cross-off, just (or not even) planing on the 4.8 and head high waves (often coupled with the very picturesque backdrop at Redcar).

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production