News

MAUI SAILS – THE TEAM MOVES ON

MauiSails – the Team moves on

The time has come to introduce a new brand into the world of windsurfing. MauiSails is a new beginning for world renowned sail designer Barry Spanier. Coming along with him is the veteran and former world champion, Phil McGain. This duo has more experience in leading edge windsurfing technology than anybody out there. Combine these guys with six time World Champion, Kevin Pritchard and you have an instant formula for success.

MauiSails will deliver a full range of sails, carbon and aluminum rig components, and accessories. The Team will not only focus on the high performance equipment used by advanced windsurfers and competitors, but will also supply the best recreational and kid’s equipment on the market. This ties in with the philosophy of the company, which is to popularize windsurfing as a fun, family sport around the globe.

The first team riders have officially signed on and MauiSails will be supported in their efforts by four-time Women’s Formula World Champion, Dorota Staszewska, Freestyle extraordinaire Tati Frans as well as Hawaii’s freshest young gun, ten year old ripper, Connor Baxter.

The name MauiSails comes along with some history. MauiSails has been synonymous with high performance windsurfing, including world speed records and more than a decade long domination of PWA World Championship Titles. The Team is proud to join forces as owners and managers of this exciting new company.

MauiSails plan to release their race sail called the TR-1 into the market by April, then the much anticipated wave sails and recreational sails will follow.

Barry Spanier says, “Maui has always been a magical place in my life. Almost all the top sailors made the original MauiSails store their first destination when arriving here because we had nothing but the best gear on the planet, and a guarantee of the highest quality and service. I am so happy to be back home again with the MauiSails brand, a name that has been respected in the past and will certainly gain respect in the future. I am excited to continue the legacy of this respected brand.”

Based on Maui, the mecca of windsurfing, MauiSails’ professional sales staff will be headed by Rick Whidden, a member of the famous Yachting family with years of experience within the industry.

Phil McGain says, “We are extremely excited and motivated to continue the tradition of MauiSails into the 21st century and to be the owners of something this special. We have been in this game a long time and know how to deliver world-class sails and components of the highest quality. We want to excite the younger generation, and appeal to beginners and our long-standing loyal customers with our new products.”

World Champion Kevin Pritchard was all smiles after his first session on the TR1. “I have tried the rest, and I’m still on the best! Barry and Phil know what it takes to get me up to speed. No matter if I’m striving to be the first man upwind or battling to take the Wave Title, I don’t have any doubts in my equipment. If it wasn’t the best out there, I wouldn’t be here!” said Kevin.

MauiSails… The Team… appearing in stores near you very soon.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production