News

MENTAL MONDAY AT AVON VID

MENTAL MONDAY AT AVON VID

Avon Beach Mon 10th March Crazy 40knots plus, Big Avon waves!!

Steve ‘SJ’ Jarvis (K413) has just sent us the link to his compilation of action from Avon from Monday – check it out at http://www.esjay.co.nr/

Steve says:

Awesome day at Avon on Monday, sorry it’s taken soooooo long, bloody Coursework at Uni was dragging my speed down. I’m back on it again now. So be ready for some videoidge.

Anyway, Monday was insain. In the morning it started off at about 25-30knots(before I arrived). at about 11 James(Red simmer) came in saying that he couldn’t actually hold on to his 4.7m any more. at that point I rigged 3.4 and Mark(Spot-on-water) rigged 4.2. By the time I got out it had definately blown up.

I was super overpowered on my 3.4 with mark somehow magically holding his 4.2 in the water(but not for much longer). At that point it was side-on with some really messsy swell.

Then came the chaos…..Mark had dissapeared, I only realised when one guy came up to me me looking slightly panicked asking if I’d seen Mark anywhere. Thanks to his stunning level of fitness Mark managed to swim the 500m to the shore (in 50knots with no kit!!).

As he said his kit simply blew away whilst he was out there. He couldn’t catch it, so he headed for safety. Mark was very relieved to recover his kit from highcliff that evening.

Later in the afternoon the wind dropped a bit to become comfortable 3.7m weather with side off Avon Perfection!!!!

Hope you like the video, let meknow if you want any of the photo’s at the end. Also feel free to give me any advice on the editing.

[email protected]

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production