News

K172.com Surf Shop Goes Live!

K172.com Surf Shop goes live!

Jan Sleigh – Naish, Reef and Quiksilver rider, long time competitor and general windsurfing ambassador – launches his own online surf shop www.k172.com today.

The site promotes and sells the products Jan rides and uses but doesn’t have a physical location. Jan explains his thinking:

“Twenty years ago one of my best mates and I promised we’d end up working in a surf shop together. He has been working in his for a good 10 years now. I followed a different path so I am behind the game! I spend a lot of time zooming round the country trying to find the best waves in different and new locations, windsurfing, surfing, and stand up paddle boarding so this means I am on the road a lot. Being tied to a physical location would be a pretty difficult thing for me to do so an online environment is the perfect platform. I do get to meet lots of cool people who all share a passion for windsurfing wherever I go and the idea of the site is primarily about promoting the brands that I ride and use, while also providing a mechanism for people to purchase if they want to. What I offer is very specific product knowledge on the equipment I ride the along with enthusiasm for the clothes, shoes, watches eyewear and wetsuits that I use.”

On a recent trip to Maui, Jan caught up with Naish Product Development and Team Manager Michi Schweiger to officially declare the shop open over a couple of Breakfast Burritos and coffee after an early morning Stand Up Paddle Surf. “At Naish we are always looking to find new ways to innovate and take our passion for windsurfing to a bigger audience and we think Jan is doing just that. It’s great to have a team rider who is super committed to the equipment he rides and the brands he uses as he can offer superior product knowledge. We are stoked and wish him well with his new venture”.

www.k172.com is live now and sells Naish windsurfing equipment, surf boards and stand up paddle boards, REEF guys and girls apparel and shoes and Quiksilver & ROXY Wetsuits, Eyewear, and Watches.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production