News

Brawzinho Joins Fanatic

Pic: Anna Persson

Brawzinho Joins Fanatic

Brazilian windsurfing sensation Marcilio “Brawzinho” Browne has joined the Fanatic International Team.

At only 19 years Marcilio is one of the world´s best and most talented Windsurfers (Freestyle World Champ 2007 & Vice World Champ 2008) and will lead Fanatic’s Wave & Freestyle team together with PWA Freestyle Champ Gollito Estredo and PWA Wave Vice Champ Victor Fernandez. They are planning lots of projects together for the future.

Fanatic Brand Manager Craig Gertenbach: “I´m very happy to welcome Marcilio, he fits perfectly into our Fanatic team and shows the youthful enthusiasm for windsurfing that our sport needs and lives from!”

Marcilio Browne: “I’m very stoked! I think that at Fanatic the atmosphere between riders and company is very good. Sebastian Wenzel is also an excellent shaper and I´m looking forward to work with him in the future and use his boards. So altogether a perfect package for me!

DETAILS MARCILIO ”BRAWZINHO” BROWNE (BRA-105):

Name: Marcilio Browne

Sail Number: BRA-105

Birthday: 04.05.89

Favourite discipline: Waves & Freestyle

Best results:

– PWA Freestyle Vice World Champion 2008

– 1st PWA Fuertventura 2008

– 2nd PWA Austria 2008

– PWA Freestyle World Champion 2007

– 1st Cape Verde Expression Session 2007

– 4th Guincho PWA Waves 2007

– 1st PWA Fuertventura 2007

– 5th Guincho PWA Waves 2006

– 3rd PWA Sylt 2007

– 1st PWA Indoor Belgium Jump 2006

Favourite spot: Hookipa and Ponta Preta

Favourite Fanatic board: NewWave Twin 72

Favourite manoeuvre: Push Foward

How I started Windsurfing: With my dad in 1993, at my dad’s place in Fortaleza (Brasil).

Best windsurfing day in my life: Too many good ones. Learning how to get planing and using footstraps was really cool!!!

Other sponsors besides Fanatic: North Sails, ION

My Goals: Be the best I can in waves and freestyle, get a lot of good results in the future and have a lot of fun!

My Slogan: Do it your best or dont do it!

INTERVIEW:

1. Welcome to Fanatic! What were your reasons to join the Fanatic team?

Fanatic has all of the elements together, great team, great shaper, great boards for every condition!

2. What do you think to be in the same team like Gollito Estredo and Victor Fernandez?

I think is really cool. I always look up to Victor and Gollito when I´m sailing, and they are good friends of mine and both rip. So will be a great chance for me to improve my sailing.

3. Did you get a chance to try any of our boards yet, if yes which ones and what do you think?

Yes, I tried the boards and I really like the NW Twin and also the Skate.

4. How are your plans? What kind of events are you doing in 2009?

I will be doing all PWA wave and freestyle events. Will try my best to improve my wave results and do good again in freestyle. Also really want to focus on improving my free sailing, pushing for new moves!

5. Which goals do you want to reach in 2009?

Have a lot of fun, try to improve my wave and freestyle results. Also learn new moves and take the sport to new levels!!!

6. What are your plans until the season starts?

Train hard!!!

Leaving the team in 2009 will be Cyril Moussilmani (F-71), Dan Ellis (GBR-52), Arnon Dagan (ISR-1) and Ben Proffitt (K-800). Fanatic would like to thank them for their co-operation over the last years and wishes them all the best for the future.

Team Fanatic 2009:

Marcilio Browne (BRA-105)

Victor Fernandez (E-42)

Gollito Estredo (V-01)

Jonas Ceballos (E-40)

Klaas Voget (G-4)

Andre Paskowski (G-2)

Laure Treboux (SUI-4)

Nayra Alonso (E-4)

Yoli de Brendt (V-26)

Pieter Bijl (NED-0)

Alessio Stillrich (E-95)

Tom Brendt (G-696)

Andreas Olandersson (S-66)

Check out www.fanatic.com for a complete overview on the Fanatic team.

Craig Gertenbach, Fanatic Brand Manager:

“Whilst the tough economic times will certainly be challenging for the windsurfing industry, I firmly believe the sport is healthy and has some growth, which is clearly evident through the statistics of windsurfing schools and market surveys. Of course the industry is going to have to adapt to harder times, but we are confident that those brands who keep investing in all areas of the sport will survive and continue to grow the sport. I strongly believe in the PWA and team riders in general, these are the heroes of the sport and allow us all to dream, by watching their fantastic moves and competitions. I’m especially proud of the Fanatic team, who all generate a great team spirit with their open and friendly co-operation, bringing great progress to our products and image. Good luck for the 2009 season, looking forward to see some great performances again and keep the Addiction to Windsurfing alive!”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production