Steve Flanagan reports:
The plan for the weekend is as follows:
- Dates: Saturday Nov 7th to Sunday Nov 8th
- Location: Dungarvan Speed Strip, (launch area next to church in Abbyside, Dungarvan)
- Registration: will take place on the beach from 9:30 at the Marquee
- Briefing: at 10:00am
- Entry fee: €30 for weekend
- Prizes: Split down through the fleet, Race Fleet and Freeride/Wave Fleet
- Results: Conditions dependant 250m or 500m.
- Conditions: Official racing will take place if wind is above 18knots, below this wind strength will count for fun racing.
The event will take place alongside the Speed World Cup event that is currently taking place in Dungarvan, due to the changing forecasts the race area may change to an alternative nearby location with is more suitable in a more northerly wind. Another great incentive to come down included the closing ceremony and prize giving for the European Championships which will take place on Saturday evening
Please remember to carpool where possible to encourage some of the young guns to come across and join in. For those that have places available in their car’s vans, maybe drop me an email or call me and let me know your plans, likewise those that will need a lift, give me a shout and I will try to match you up with someone who has a spare seat.
Can I ask that those of you planning to make the trip make contact with me either by quick text or email just so i can get an idea of numbers and this will allow me to be able to contact you to advise if there will be a change of location due to the forecast.
Thanks all and see you over the weekend