News

UKWA Freestyle Round One, West Kirby 14/15th April – Event Preview

It’s time to kick off the first UKWA freestyle event of the year, and no where is more fitting than the perfect flat waters of West Kirby. A chance for all the excuses to be knocked out the window as riders can perform their finest moves. Should the wind come through then expect big aerial moves, combos and much more. If it doesn’t then you can also expect the same, read on to find out more from UKWA events organiser Trevor Funnell…

2012 UKWA Freestyle Tour. Round 1, West Kirby, 14/15 April

Okay people, we’re only days away from kicking off the expanded 2012 Freestyle Tour and there are a few things everyone needs to know about the first event.

Mirror flat water with super clean winds are a freestylers dream and West Kirby has the potential to provide some of the best freestyle conditions in the UK. At the moment the forecast doesn’t look perfect but I’m reliably informed by the locals that things can change rapidly, so don’t dare miss this one.

Registration will be held at the West Kirby Sailing Centre from 0900 to 1030 on Saturday, please try to be on time but if you are delayed for any reason call me on 07764-578648 and I will put your name down.

There will be a great social on Saturday evening at the Wro Loft with music, videos and excellent food at a subsidized cost of £5.00, you can pre book your place with David Bradley on [email protected] or you can book and pay at registration.

I’m really pleased to announce that running alongside the UKWA Freestyle Tour throughout 2012 will be an added attraction, “THE TOW IN TOUR”.

The UKWA Jet Ski will be at West Kirby to start it off and Tow In will be run throughout the season whenever conditions allow.  Entry will cost just £5.00 per day and there will be a prize for the winner with an overall Tow In champion being crowned at the end of the year.

See you all at West Kirby, Trevor Funnell

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production