News

Worst Windsurfing Injury of 2014 – New Update

Stef Hilder has taken to his blog again to update everyone on that horrific foot injury. It’s good to see things are at least on the mend for Stef now, but there’s some pretty hardcore looking stitched in place now. Read on for the full story, scroll down for yet another gory photo and click here or page two at the bottom for the full story on how this happened.

Franken-fooooot!

A term that has applied to many before I am sure, especially Justyna ‘I broke everything in my foot’ Sniady, a.k.a. Justyna ’13 screws and a plate’ Sniady!

As the hospital transfer guy said ‘Now you will always have a bit of Australia in your foot’, to which I replied ‘And I left a bit of my foot in Australia!!’

Well I have just had my first appointment since leaving the hospital last Saturday. All looks well and the tear is healing well. Two more weeks of struggling around in a camper (smaller than a people carrier) with my foot up and a cast to stop it opening!

Stef Hilder and the Franken Foot

The pic shows the external stitches, no idea how many if any internal…but the ones on the outside look nice and industrial!

Starting to become easier to do things, I am sure I will be in action as Sarah’s personal photographer soon!

Also within minutes of being in Perth we stumbled across probably the largest hint possible…an engagement ring store, called ‘Stefan | The Diamond Centre’ hahaha, cheeky bastards!

Enough blabber, time to forecast plan so Sarah can get as much time on the water as possible!!

Did anyone say great boyfriend? 😉

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production