People

2013 Champions: Justyna Sniady

It’s ladies day today here on Boards, after catching up with BWA Cornwall champion Debbie Kennedy, it’s time to have a few words from the overall title winner for 2013, Justyna Sniady, too. 

There were no easy heats and watching the girls I felt like I was at a PWA event!

Justyna Sniady

“I am super happy to be an overall BWA champion this year!

“Last year I was leading the tour afrer first two events but unfortunitely broke my foot. I came back on the water for the first time during the Tiree event but still couldn’t jump or hit the waves as hard as I wanted. I put up a fight in Cornwall as well but in the end got two 3rd places and only managed to defend a second position overall.

“Now, having another surgery on my foot coming up in just  a few weeks it feels great to win and know that I can come back to good form so quickly. I hope everything will go ok with my op and that I will be able to join the tour again next year.

Justyna Sniady

Check out the event round up here on Boards, and coming soon all the video action from the event right here on Boards.co.uk

“I would like to thank everyone who helped me get back on my feet and make this victory possible – my family and friends , sponsors (Quatro, Mystic, Simmer, Gopro, Surfadviser.com), and especially my boyfriend Ben Proffitt for all the support.

“As for the competition I must say that the level in Cornwall was incredibly high and girls were ripping, each and everyone of them! There were no easy heats and watching the girls I felt like I was at a PWA event! Katie ‘crazy’ McAnena was going for the biggest waves, Sarah Bibby had super powerful hits, Sara Kellet had perfect timing, Debbie Kennedy great wave selection. Ping is just a super stylish rider with no fear, Megan goes super vertical, Lucy is and all around both-tacks wave ripping queen, Emma is super consistent and all the other girls stand out on the water too.

“I hope that next year we will have even more girls joining the tour. The BWA really gives everyone a great oportunity to get into competing and learn from each other in a family like atmosphere. I will be running free clinics on competing and sailing for women during all the events next year so if anyone is looking to learn something new or improve their technique make sure you come along!

“Thanks again to BWA and event organisers for all the great times during each event. I really enjoyed every stop on the tour!”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production