Steve Flanagan informs us –
The plan for the weekend is as follows:
- Dates: Saturday Oct 24 to Monday 26
- Location: Elly Bay, Belmullet
- Registration: will take place on the beach from 9:30 on the beach
- Briefing: at 10:00 each day on the beach next to UISCE
- Entry fee: €30 for weekend (separate to Wave event entry)
- Lunch: Not provided
- Prizes: Split down through the fleet, Race Fleet and Freeride/Wave Fleet
- Results: Will be will be based on fastest 250m runs recorded over the weekend, with overnight leader-board.
- Conditions: Official racing will take place if wind is above 18knots, below this wind strength will count for fun racing.
The event will run in parallel with the wave event however for obvious reasons we will be based at different beaches.
Oisin will be back to defend his 1st place from round 2, while reigning champ JK will be determined not to allow anyone beat him again. The Freeride fleet was hotly contested in round 2 with the top 3 places finishing with less than 1knot between them. We had quite a few people out racing on wave and freeride gear and getting some really impressive speeds! The aim of these events it to promote the fun side of competition and to get as many people out and taking part.
Please remember to carpool where possible to encourage some of the young guns to come across and join in. For those that have places available in their car’s vans, maybe drop me an email or call me and let me know your plans, likewise those that will need a lift, give me a shout and I will try to match you up with someone who has a spare seat.
Weather forecast is changing all the time, we should be able to base ourselves at our usual spot just south of Uisce, though if I can ask that those of you planning to make the trip make contact with me either by quick text or email just so i can get an idea of numbers and this will allow me to be able to contact you to advise if there will be a change of location due to the forecast.
Thanks all and see you over the weekend